Sunday 31 May 2015

Young stories: The Heavenly Island

Wrote this descriptive in 6th grade. Enjoy!

At a snail’s pace, I opened my eyes. I had been in a terrible storm yesterday night. I was thrown overboard by the raging waves. They had leapt up as high as a 20-storey building. The last thing I heard was a frightful and hopeless voice calling to me “Captain, Swim! Swim!” before the angry waves almost drowned me. I had lost everything: my clothes, food and above all, my crew members.

Now, after an exhausted and death-like slumber, I awoke and looked around. I was stranded at what looked like a small but perfect island. It looked natural. There were a couple of coconut trees which bore ripe coconuts. Still tired, I lied down on the warm and golden sand. I limped over to the sea slowly and sat just where the waves died down on the shore.

The crystal clear water projected the colourful, exotic and harmless marine creature that swam along the coast. Far out in the distance, beautiful white horses swam gracefully through the waves. Ahhh…the ocean looked so inviting. The gentle breeze was as soothing as any other mother and touched me delicately. I felt cool and relaxed after what seemed like ages. A colourful arc adorned the blue sky.

After some time, I felt too hungry to enjoy the nature. I climb up a coconut tree that had some fine and nectarous coconuts. With great difficulty (and slipping down lots of times), I managed to climb up and pluck them, breaking them against a rock.

I decided to explore the thick forest that stood in the middle of the heavenly island. As I entered it, I saw some scrumptious fruits hanging from every branch. Apples as red as ruby, tangy oranges, bright yellow mangoes - they seem to just slide down my throat.

I ventured further to find a sparkling waterfall and I quickly quenched my thirst with it. The waterfall continued to flow and gradually became a river that was as long as a snake. Suddenly, I heard a flapping sound that was so scary it made me jump out of my skin. I ran as fast as my legs could carry me and flopped on the shore. I turned around to see what has chased me and I burst out laughing. It was a screeching parrot!

The island was so heavenly and fun that I promised I would never leave it.


No comments:

Post a Comment