Sunday 4 August 2013

Beautiful Sunset

It was a boring Sunday! I had exams tomorrow and I was all stressed out. After finishing revising all the exam stuff I thought I should just relax and get those mathematics sums out of my head. So, I headed right out to the beach (Anyway I live in Horseshoe Bay, near the beach). Since it was late around 6 pm, there was no one on the beach. I sat down on the soft sand. A cluster of smooth pink seashells encircled a small rock pool not faraway. I closed my eyes, laid my head on the soft, brown sand and threw away all the things in my mind (not the sums of course. Then I’d have to study all over again)

I forgot everything. I felt the cool breeze ruffling my flowing ivy black hair and a magical moisture in the air that touched my arms and legs. I smelt dampness everywhere. I could hear the wind flying past my ears and lapping waves on the shore. I relaxed and soothed myself despite my worries, After few minutes, I slowly got up and opened my eyes…

The scene… Oh my gosh! What a masterpiece! How magnificent! The stunning panorama looked awfully incredible and charming. I opened my eyes to see a huge, fiery, orange ball of fire, far out in the distance. A land of blue was below it and the rays of the sun spread EVERYWHERE! The golden glow soothed my heart, clearing all my worries. The clouds around it had a soft touch of pick and orange and red. Each ray seemed unique in it’s own way. I slowly started to get up, and spun around. I felt the   amazing breeze. I saw the magnificent orange ball. I saw the black birds soaring above the sky. I felt the cool breeze. I smelt dampness. I felt like flying, I was so happy. I’ve found some new happiness deep in my heart. Tears welled up my eyes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment